Monday, January 25, 2010

Mum's the Word

It has been a full month since I last posted on this blog. In the intervening days I was named president of the City Council.

As one whose words may now be interpreted as speaking for the Council as a whole, I am assessing how best, or if, to continue this writing endeavor. Frankly, I enjoy it and would like to continue, but I don't want to possibly incite any factionalization of the Council by some errant word I might post here. I think this is an important year for the Council. And loose lips have a tendency to do lasting damage to ships, or words to that effect.

For those who have checked in here from time to time I would invite them to continue to do so, something may pop up once in a while.

In the meantime enjoy the Temple oranges, which,as far as I know,just showed up in Kroger's produce department yesterday; always a big deal to me.

5 comments:

RememberCharlemagne said...

John, I would encourage you to please continue to post messages.

I would further encourage you to post more about your personal thoughts on council issues. I understand your reluctances too but one of the major reasons for feuding is the lack of transparency.

After each council meeting I always leave with the impression that information is not being provided to the public. Because of this people continue to mistrust each other and accuse each other of wrong doing. You seem to me to be an individual who would want to change this environment and now as council president you may lead by example. Fear not the public by letting them know.
I personally wished more council members had a blog or wrote into the paper more often.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

With your voting record I do not see how you could ever get re-elected.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randy said...

John, given the dearth of online communication from any city officials, you could compromise and post facts without providing your opinion. It's not my preference, but if you are uncomfortable about inferences (you WERE elected by a majority), you could still post news and notices.

Randy said...

John, given the dearth of online communication from any city officials, you could compromise and post facts without providing your opinion. It's not my preference, but if you are uncomfortable about inferences (you WERE elected by a majority), you could still post news and notices.