Sunday, October 11, 2015

Keep Those Cards and Letters Comin'

I posted a picture here, the other day, of the post cards my wife and I are handing out as we walk the city in my campaign for re-election, November 3. I tried using a photograph, but was concerned that the type blurred into illegibility. Below is a typed version of the card, followed by the original.

I've been pleased with the cards that roll in, and I'm grateful for the time people take to answer the questions. I was particularly moved to hear a gentleman the other day thank me because, "Nobody ever asks what I think" about local government. Others have thanked me on the returned cards.

If I should be so fortunate as to win re-election, I am going  to take these concerns forward on behalf of our citizens, and try my best to get results on these and other issues to help make New Albany a better city.


How important are these issues to you?  
Very    Somewhat    Not at all

a. Enforcing noise ordinance                    
b. Adding sidewalks                                  
c. Drainage/Runoff                                    
e. Cooperation between City & County
d. Historic preservation
f. Animal shelter/Animal Control              
g. Traffic conditions                                  
h. Downtown revitalization                       
i. Code enforcement                                   
j. Police body cameras                               
k. Public transportation                             
l. Greater police presence                          
m. Creating a climate for better jobs        

Should the City Council have more say in what is expected of major projects, such as the aquatic center, a dog park, the redevelopment of the Coyle property on Spring St. into luxury apartments?       YES____               NO____

In general, should local government deliver municipal services, such as sewerage, trash collection, among others, or should private sector providers be used?
YES____ (local govt.)  NO ____(private sector)

What would you like to see New Albany's government do that it is not doing?
_______________________________________________________

Are there parts of New Albany where you don't feel safe?
NO____ If yes, where?___________________

Should local tax policy incentivize residents to move to certain parts of town?
YES______  NO_____

Didn't see your concern here? Or need more space?....email me at jdgonder619@gmail.com

No comments: